Failed: Retrieval of mergeinfo unsupported by 'project name'

May 7, 2010 at 2:54 PM

When i try validate SVN return always this error:

Failed: Retrieval of mergeinfo unsupported by <project name>

i changed my subversion from 1.3.x to 1.6.x but continue all same error. What i doing wrong? 

Coordinator
May 13, 2010 at 10:15 AM

What is your system configuration on server and on client? Are you running SubVersion on server? How do you connect to it? HTTP or FILE? Try also connecting directly to files (with FILE).

Coordinator
May 20, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Could you please also attach the entire log?

Jul 5, 2011 at 7:25 PM

I have got this same error, we upgrade SVN server  to 1.6, but still same error:

Testing SubVersion connection...
Connecting to SubVersion... Connected.
There are 4877 revisions.

Testing Team Foundation Server connection...
Connecting to Team Foundation Server... Connected as Kathy Wang.
Reading project collections list...
Found project collection: 'DefaultCollection'.
Reading team projects list...
Found project 'Demo'.
Found project 'Test1'.
Found project 'training1'.

Connected to team project successfully.

Starting importing...
Connecting to Team Foundation Server... Connected as Kathy Wang.
Connecting to SubVersion... Connected.
Creating workspace 'svn2tfsTempWorkspace.GAGVLLT088.DefaultDomain.tfs'...
Project mapped to 'C:\Users\cwang\AppData\Local\Temp\svn2tfs_634454670093332083_tfs'.
Retrieving files from server...
Workspace ready.
Warning: note field 'SvnRevision' does not exist in the specified team project, information will not be imported.
Warning: note field 'SvnLog' does not exist in the specified team project, information will not be imported.
Warning: note field 'SvnDate' does not exist in the specified team project, information will not be imported.
Ok, let's start!
1 / 4341 r537: Retrieval of mergeinfo unsupported by 'http://ec2-184-73-3-150.compute-1.amazonaws.com/svn_d1/d1test/trunk'
Exited.

r537 is the start revision.

please any help would appreciated

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:23 PM

add to previous error message: we had revision 1 to 536 in root, and moved to trunk since 537. don't know if this is the cause of the error :  "1 / 4341 r537: Retrieval of mergeinfo unsupported by 'http://ec2-184-73-3-150.compute-1.amazonaws.com/svn_d1/d1test/trunk' " ?

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Did you take a look at the documentation? Are you running SVN server 1.6.x or greater? If you updated to that server, have you updated also the repository?

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2011 at 10:16 AM
cwang_moc wrote:

The original server is out of space, so what we did was installed new 1.6 in new server and copied the repository to it, to make sure, after copy, we ran the upgrade command on the repository.

As far as I know mergeinfo has been added in SVN server 1.6, and the tool uses that command. So the error suggests that something went wrong with the upgrade and the server is not able to provide mergeinfo. This is strange, as you having upgraded also the repository, should not encounter this error.

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:27 PM

do you know if move to a 1.6 server make difference than upgrade directly? we feel stuck here, desperate need help. Did anyone import successful and if so, how big the repository is?

we have about 5000 revisions and many branches.

Coordinator
Jul 15, 2011 at 10:40 AM
cwang_moc wrote:

do you know if move to a 1.6 server make difference than upgrade directly? we feel stuck here, desperate need help. Did anyone import successful and if so, how big the repository is?

we have about 5000 revisions and many branches.

I don't think that moving and then upgrading does make any difference than just upgrading.

I imported sucessfully, but my server version was 1.6 already, so I do not have experience on the upgrade process.

We had ~2000 check-ins and some weird branches.