It might be a simple question but...

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I am trying to migrate a SubVersion repository to a TFS 2010 using svn2tfs and entered all the required information in both sections (SubVersion 6.x and Team Foundation 2010). I did validate both and seems to be connecting fine. When I tried to Import I got the message: Empty path name is not legal. I assume that a User map file is required. My question is if I need to create this file and what sort of information this file should have?

I tied to use one with the example provide when you click help, but then again when I tried to imported I got a series of waning telling me that some note fields do not exist in the specified team project and information will not be imported. Then it said: Ok, let's start! and finally got a message:

1 / 640 r1: Retrieval of mergeinfo unsupported by the subversion and exited.

Could you please tell me what I am missing?

Thanks a lot!!

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Your assumption about User map file is right.

The file you created should be OK.

You can ignore that warnings as per related bug in the issue tracker.

You SVN returns an error when a mergeinfo command is sent. As already discussed in previous discussions, as far as now the problem is due to the fact that

1. You are using an old version of SVN server (which is not your case)
  2. You are using an old database version of SVN server (you upgraded the server from and old version, but did not update the database)

Tell me if this solves.