Tool is very very slow

Dec 15, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Is this tool recommended for a SVN size of around 1.5 gb? I am trying to use this tool and the revision increment is very slow. I have around 3694 revisions and in order to reach 40, it took around 4 hours. Just to let you know, I am running SVN on the same server where TFS is configured. 

Or is there any wrong configuration I have done? 

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2010 at 9:11 AM

The tool is slow. Considering this is a one-time operation this should not be such a problem. In your case it is. In our scenario whe had 6 GB, 600 revisions and took about 8 hours.

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Is there a way to migrate based on projects/folders within repository? I remember one of the threads where they had mentioned that this isnt possible. But just wanted to check, since I am unable to proceed further.

Thank you

Coordinator
Dec 24, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Yes, if the folder does not have dependencies / actions / merges on other ones.

Aug 2, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Hmm this is taking me 30-60 seconds per revision (due to number of files in the repository I presume), and we have over 150,000 revisions.  At this rate it will take about 2 months to complete.  The bottleneck appears to be disk I/O for the svn update operation.  As far as I can see for each changeset it is doing an svn update across a huge working copy which includes all branches and tags.  This seems terribly inefficient.  Any optimization hints here?

Nov 2, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Disable your anti-virus. Chances are your Anti-virus software will want to scan every file accessed, downloaded etc. You're pulling down a copyfrom SVN and TFS then diffing the two between commits, that's quite a few thousand files your Anti-Virus is scanning between commits.