Error importing

May 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Starting importing...

Connecting to Team Foundation Server... Connected as Roberto pp pp.

Connecting to SubVersion...

Connected.Creating workspace 'svn2tfsTempWorkspace.CDP-SRV-TFS-01.svn2tfs.exe.tfs'...

Project mapped to 'E:\tmp\svn2tfs_634716382488862420_tfs'.

Retrieving files from server...

Workspace ready.

Warning: note field 'SvnRevision' does not exist in the specified team project, information will not be imported.

Warning: note field 'SvnLog' does not exist in the specified team project, information will not be imported.

Warning: note field 'SvnDate' does not exist in the specified team project, information will not be imported.

Ok, let's start!1 / 2 r1: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Exited.

Coordinator
May 5, 2012 at 8:45 PM

[discussion:223778]

May 16, 2012 at 5:30 AM

Hi

Can you provide steps to resolve the key issue.

as per the discussion forum i tried modifying the user map file, but still i am getting the same error.

Coordinator
May 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Hi Raghavensdra, the problem should have been fixed in CS50252, so if you use the latest version from the source code (recompiling the solution), it should work.

Anyway, if you are sure the casing of the usernames is correct and you are sure that all the SVN users are mapped to TFS ones, you should debug and give us more information.

May 16, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Hi SId,

i have downloaded the svn2tfs-57642 code base. i believe this is the latest version.

I tried to debug the application, but after the revision checks and verification of svn and TFS, it shows the same message.

Coordinator
May 16, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Hi Raghavendras85,

is VS breaking into debug?

If not, please instruct Visual Studio to break on exception thrown from Debug > Exceptions > Common Language Runtime Exceptions > Tick "Thrown". You may have breaks before the exception you are looking for, just continue if that is your case.

May 17, 2012 at 1:36 PM

while i was analyzing i found that the svn check - basically verifying the url and mapped users from xml. Click of validate svn is searching for involved users keeps on waiting. is there a standard delay to fetch the users details from SVN.

because if which i am not able to go click the import method. to check for the key issue today.

May 17, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Hi

i am able to resolve the key issue, now while initiating migration it shows the below error.

Index and count must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: count - i am not able to find the lication of this parameter in code.

Coordinator
May 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Are you importing from an SVN sub-path that actually exists in the specified FROM revision?

May 19, 2012 at 10:05 AM

HI

i am Providing the repository name, not tried with specific folder selection and migrating.

May 24, 2012 at 2:16 PM

tfs replay... Index and count must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: count

Currently i am facing below issue, kindly help to resolve issue.

May 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Hi Sid,

kindly share the steps to resolve the issue. i have provided the base repository path of subversion, still the "Index and count must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: count" error is coming.

while debugging not able to identify the component leading to have this exception.

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Edited Jun 1, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Hi Rag,

unfortunately, the tool suffers some string manipulation problem, but as far as I know they are related to the *sub*-path, not to the base-path of SVN. Some users have provided a patch for that problem (see for example http://svn2tfs.codeplex.com/workitem/11142). However, this does not seem to be your problem. Without detailed debug information (such as stack trace and local variables) I am not able to investigate in your problem. Following the instructions I gave you before you will be able to stop the debugger when the "Index out of bound" exception is thrown. 

Jun 5, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Edited Jun 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Private Function tfsReplayAction(ByVal change As SharpSvn.SvnChangeItem , ByVal tfsWorkspace As Workspace ,ByVal svnDirectory As String , ByVal svn2tfsRevisionMap As RevisionMap) As Boolean

Dim updateSvnAfterReplay = False

Dim itemLocalRelativePath = change.Path.Replace("/", "\"). Remove(0, svnDirectory.Length)

The exception is thrown at below location of the code, kindly let me know if there is a patch created for the below issue

Jun 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Hi Sid,

i commeneted the .remove(0,svndirectory.length), it started working and i am able to do migration.

kindly check if you can patch it up wit the utility.